Monday, October 8, 2012

Goliath Has Fallen




Our nephew, Luke Krueger is pictured here with a recent brown bear kill in the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska where he lives.  He and his brother have been bear guides with their Dad Tom Krueger for years up in Alaska.  Everytime we get to see them, we hear all kinds of scary stories of their adventures hunting the grizzly and brown bears.  I don't think I need that kind of adrenalin rush, but I guess it's a man thing.

Luke killed the bear with a single shot of his arrow.  Imagine that.  My brother asked if he used one of those Rambo arrows that has a bomb on the head of it.  No, he is just an experienced hunter and knows where to shoot.  Luke has a job of protecting men who work on highlines for the electrical company, to protect them from bear attacks.  I think they found the right man for the job.

No comments: