Sunday, October 14, 2012

Eggstremely Serious Business



While I was gone on my trip to Israel, Joanna had quite an experience while boiling some eggs in a pan on the stove.  I will let her tell the story herself...

"I had an embarrassing and hilarious event take place this afternoon that I am still laughing about... two police officers came here this afternoon and we were in the office visiting when suddenly we heard a loud bang upstairs in our house. Oh man, I forgot my hard-boiled eggs on the burner! As I raced up the stairs I heard
sizzling sounds and smelled, then saw billowing smoke!!! "There's a fire on the stove!" I yelled to my dad but as I ran into the kitchen I saw it wasn't on fire, just smoking bad. However.... an explosion had taken place... hard-boiled eggs were everywhere!!!!  Everyone had come quickly running up the stairs after me when I hollered and we all stared in amazement at the huge mess! It was even on the ceiling lol!!! Thankfully the officers politely offered not to include my egg explosion in their report! Whew! I know I will never live this one down... beats all my moms burned eggs big time! lol Needless to say... I spent several hours cleaning the floor, then the ceiling and working my way down the walls/cabinets...:) Sabre helped with the floor eating all the biggest chunks of egg... he enjoyed my explosion! What can I say? We try to keep things exciting here in the woods! ;)
Oh and at least they were free eggs! Given to us by some guests before they left, didn't mean to blow them up but who knew eggs exploded???

No comments: