Monday, October 17, 2016

The Glorious Colors of Fall

Autumn colors of reds, oranges, yellows and greens all mixed together in the trees of the forest tickles and prickles my soul like a mini internal eruption of glory from God.  I wish it lasted longer, but then maybe I'd somehow overdose on all these wonderful colors and be totally useless for months on end.

To think I grew up in Florida and never knew this season existed except in name only as we never saw these color contrasts there.  Then I met John and he brought me to northern Minnesota so I could see it all up close.

A couple of weeks ago, we had some free time and couldn't pass up the warmth and sunshine, so John took his mother and I on a slow and relaxing tour of Indian Lake.  We meandered through some bays we'd never really explored before and I made a mental note to try fishing in some new spots that looked promising for next summer.  On our way back we stopped at the place we put the marker bouy at the end of the gravel spit and picked it up to bring back in for the winter months.

This pontoon boat is John's vacation that he takes in little parcels throughout the summer and fall since he doesn't often get the opportunity leave camp.  Everybody needs to get out and be refreshed by God's creation.  It does wonders.








No comments: