Monday, February 11, 2013

Mid Winter Excitement



Just when things were really slowing down here for me after Christmas and I was wondering what to do with myself, I decided to go down to Ely for a conference at our daughter, Cherish's church on Israel.  Cherish and I had made a trip to Israel last fall and we have particular interest in that nation for many reasons.  It was just going to be for the weekend but I ended up staying for a week.  The day I was preparing to return to Ignace, I got a call from John's mother in southern Texas asking if I could come help her.  She wasn't feeling very well and was in the middle of moving into another mobile home in her park.  So, I drove on down to Minneapolis and flew to Texas.  I had a great time with Nona and the warm weather was an added plus.  One week later I drove back up to Ignace from Ely with our daughter Cherish.  She came up to sing and speak at a conference at our church in Ignace over the weekend.  What a powerful time it was.  Everyone was mightily blessed, so I'm sure we will do it again in the future.  With one day to prepare, Joanna and I will be leaving in the morning to head to her first dog sled race in Marquette, MI.  It's called the Midnight Run, which she won last year.  The next four weeks we will be traveling to both Michigan and Minnesota for more races.  It's been quite a whirlwind lately.

Just before I returned home, this area got over 9 inches of snow and now yesterday another four to five inches.  So, John has once again donned his road department hat and is trucking down the 325, our 18 mile driveway to plow the road.  The 325 is nice and smooth during the winter months when the snow fills in the bumps. 

No comments: