Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fun Family Time





My Dad, Francis Jackson, my brother, Rick Jackson and a close family friend, Joey Floyd joined us here at the camp this last week. They are from North Carolina and Georgia. My 85 year old Dad is an outdoors man and was really interested in our Canadian venture with the fishing camp. I knew he wanted to come up to see it in person, but maybe thought it would be too difficult for him at his age. I knew he could do it and it would be a great adventure for him. So, my brother Rick offered to bring him up, for which I was extremely grateful.
They arrived Tuesday at the Thunder Bay airport where I picked them up and brought them back to camp. We fished and fished and ate and fished. Dad did very well, catching the most fish both times he went out with us. We have a wide flat bottom boat which was very stable and wide enough to sit Dad in a lawn chair in the front. Joanna was in the middle and kindly put bait on Grandpa's line every time he needed some.
Dad kept telling John and me how impressed he was with our operation. He just couldn't get over all that had been accomplished and all that we did in the day to day maintenance. All of them were very encouraging and we had five fun filled days together.
The pictures above show Joey with some nice smallmouth bass he caught. Joey was the king of the smallmouth. Then Rick with a trophy size walleye that put up a good fight. He really enjoyed bringing it in and then he released it. The fourth picture shows my Dad with just a few of his catch.

No comments: